Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Fish

I've been fishing many times before and I never looked at it like this poet. I just viewed it as quality time spent with my father and 2 brothers. I also had the experience of catching a tremendous fish and throwing it back. I once caught a baby hammerhead shark. I admired the shark just like this author did her fish but I did so while it was in a bucket of water. It was so amazing that I kept asking my father to keep it. I remember him telling me I would need a big fish tank because that shark isn't finished growing and where would I put it. It made sense. What doesn't make sense to me about this poem is that after catching the fish I think that it would take a lot of time to do the admiring that she did. It's my opinion that the fish would be dead by the time she was finished. My time spent admiring my shark was while it was in water. I guess my shark wasn't as interesting or maybe it was. I would have loved for this author to have experienced the catching of the hammerhead shark with me just to see how she would describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment